Dr. Jennifer Flo wants to provide culturally competent, affirming and cost-effective foot care to people of every orientation, gender identity and expression.
As an out member of the LGBTQ community, Dr. Jennifer Flo understands LGBTQ health care is a major struggle within our community. She is alarmed at recent news concerning medical mistreatment of the LGBTQ community, especially our elders, and plans for laws to keep the community from receiving proper care.
She believes a major part of healthcare is letting the patient talk. “As a physician, I learn so much on individual choices whether is it diet, shoes, or even style choices.” Dr. Flo remarks, “I also have access to resources for those who prefer to wear shoes other than the social norm or gender. If you are a 6′ 220lbs individual who wants to wear high heels to the 5’4” person who desires a more masculine shoe I am here to offer suggestions. Transgender and gender non-conforming people, who face an exceptional degree of bias and discrimination in healthcare, I want them to feel comfortable in their own shoes. We expect our feet to be uncomfortable at times, and we needlessly put up with the pain when they hurt. Our feet are wondrously engineered and often the indicators of our overall health, so we need to look after them. Healthy feet are the foundation to our independence.”
- Are you a drag performer who would like a free post-performance foot massage and foot check?
- Do your calves, heels or toes hurt after a performance?
I will be there waiting after you get off stage.
- Belong to LGBTQ group that would be interested in a Q&A or to offer free foot check for your members?
- Do you have a community event in which you would like Dr. Flo to participate?
- Want assistance in finding the shoe that matches your personal style?
- Would you like an inclusive board-certified podiatrist and/or board certified wound care physician to be part of your diabetic management team?
Dr. Jennifer Flo wants to remind her LGBTQ community, “All You Need to Do is Ask“.