June 26 is Chocolate Pudding Day
Pudding is a dessert enjoyed by people in many parts of the world. In the United States and Canada, pudding is a custard-based dessert that is usually made of milk or cream, eggs, and sugar. The dessert is thickened with gelatin or starch and then cooled before being served. While many flavors of pudding exist, chocolate pudding is one of the most popular flavors and is commonly eaten as a lunchtime snack.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 packets Splenda Essentials No Calorie Sweetener with Fiber, divided
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free whipped topping
- Mix cornstarch, cocoa powder and 5 packets of Splenda Essentials No Calorie Sweetener with Fiber together in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine milk, egg substitute, and vanilla in a small sauce pot.
- Whisk in cocoa powder mixture until well blended. Add butter.
- Heat on medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Refrigerate until cool, about 30-40 minutes.
- Mix strawberries and remaining one packet of Splenda No Calorie Sweetener with Fiber. Stir well.
- Spoon pudding into individual serving cups or parfait dishes. Top each serving with berries and finish with 1 tablespoon of whipped topping.