The day is also known as Eat Outdoors Day or National Eat Outside Day in the US.
- Pack up a picnic lunch
- Grill outside
- Have dinner at the local park.
- If you usually have lunch at your desk at work, what about going out for your lunch break? Bring a co-worker.
5 Reasons to Get Outside
- Improved short-term memory [Psychological Science, 2008; Journal of Affective Disorders, 2013]
- Restores mental energy [Source: Journal of Environmental Psychology, 1995; Journal of Environmental Psychology, 2005; Psychological Science, 2012]
- Stress relief [Source: Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research, 2007; Environmental Health and Preventative Medicine, 2010; Japanese Journal of Hygiene, 2011; Biomedical and Environmental Sciences, 2012]
- Improved concentration [Source: Environment & Behavior, 1991; Journal of Environmental Psychology, 1995 (2); Journal of Attention Disorders, 2008]
- Improved mental health [Source: Environmental Science and Technology, 2010; Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2012; Journal of Affective Disorders, 2013 ]
Local Resources for Northern Ohio
- 11 Perfect Cleveland Picnic Spots [via Cleveland Scene]
- Great Places for a Picnic in Cleveland [via Destination Cleveland]
- Best Places to Picnic in Cleveland [via CBS Cleveland]
- Five Fun Places to Picnic in Ohio [via Tourism Ohio]
- 5 picnics in Northeast Ohio: Take in the view with takeout delights [via Cleveland]